1/2 box penne
1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 head broccoli, chopped
1 red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 small summer squash, cut into 1 inch pieces
4 sun dried tomatoes, sliced
1 small onion, diced
1 bunch spinach
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 c fresh lemon juice (1-2 lemons)
4 Tbls extra virgin olive oil, divided
1/2 c white wine
1/2 c fresh parmasean cheese, divided
red pepper flakes
salt & pepper
1/4 c italian parsley for garnish, finely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. On a baking sheet, add asparagus, broccoli, pepper and squash. Toss with 2 Tbls olive oil, 2 tsp salt and 1 tsp pepper. Roast vegetables for approximately 20 minutes, turning after 10 minutes.
3. Cook pasta according to instructions on box, set aside (save 2 Tbls pasta water for sauce).
4. Heat large skillet over medium high heat with 2 Tbls olive oil.
5. Add onion and saute for 3-4 minutes.
6. Add garlic,spinach, and sundried tomatos and continue to saute another 2-3 minutes until spinach is wilted.
7. Season with 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper and dash red pepper flakes.
8. Add white wine, lemon juice & reserved pasta water and reduce heat to medium-low. Let simmer for 5-7 minutes.
9. Add roasted vegetables to skillet and toss to combine.
10. Add 1/4 c parmasean cheese and stir to combine.
11. Add cooked pasta to skillet and toss everything together. Let simmer for a 2-5 minutes to re-heat the pasta.
12. Transfer to a large serving dish. Garnish with remaining 1/4 cup parmesean cheese and parsley.